Monday, December 18, 2006

Monogamy

I seem to be a bit of an oddity in the knitting world because I rarely have more than one or two projects going at any given time. Honestly, I'm floored when I see the lists of projects other knitbloggers have in the works. Am I really so utterly single-minded and unimaginative? Perhaps. What it really boils down to, I think, is that I like to finish projects quickly. I don't like having projects languish for months or even years. However, being faithful to one project doesn't mean that I'm not thinking about the next project or two!

Now that my holiday knitting is complete, I feel a bit of a let-down. I don't have that driving sense of purpose anymore. At the same time, though, it's nice to be able to relax and work on things at a leisurely pace.

still life: sock and tea

I've started on a pair of socks for the Professor. The poor man has been very patient. Of the 10 pairs of socks I've made so far, only one has been for him. He seems to be very fond of that one pair, too. In fact, he's started making sad eyes at his own feet whenever I wear a pair of my own handknitted socks. Now it's time to shower my dear husband with socks. I'm using Trekking XXL for the current pair. This yarn has been in my stash for quite a while, and I've been anxious to knit with it. It's a bit thinner and less squishy than other sock yarns I've used, but I like it. I have read comments from other knitters complaining about this yarn being splitty, but so far it hasn't been a problem for me.

It's quite fun to knit socks for the Professor, actually. He likes color! When I suggested gray, brown, and navy socks, he wrinkled his brow. No, he wants greens and blues and multicolors. What a lucky woman I am to have married the right man.

2 Comments:

At 12/18/06, 3:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a monogomous knitter, too--don't feel bad! I used to think that I was someone who knit more than one thing at a time, but the truth is, I abandon projects; I focus on only one at a time :)

 
At 12/19/06, 4:36 PM, Blogger Mary McK- said...

Just came across your site and wanted to say Hi! Good job on finsihing your christmas knitting, with days to spare no less. You might have set a record or something=>

 

Post a Comment

<< Home