Thursday, January 18, 2007

10 Reasons Knitting Is Better Than Crochet

  1. The process of knitting looks more complicated than the process of crocheting. Muggles are impressed by a knitter's ability to manipulate two (or four, or five) needles at the same time.
  2. There are a lot more fashionable knitting patterns than fashionable crochet patterns. A lot more.
  3. Knitting produces an incredible stretchy fabric with fabulous drape.
  4. Knitting needles can be stylish hair accessories. Crochet hooks? Not so much.
  5. When it comes down to it, there are only two knit stitches: knit and purl. Crochet has a gazillion different stitches to learn.
  6. Knitting is the best method for making sweaters. Really, how many crocheted sweaters do you own?
  7. Many yarn store owners/employees will treat knitters better than crocheters. It's true.
  8. In knitting, it's possible to fix an error made several rows down without unraveling every stitch made since the error. Crocheters must rip all the way back, or else learn to live with the mistake.
  9. How many knitting patterns are there for ruffly toilet paper covers? None? Case closed.
  10. Knitting generally uses a bit less yarn than crocheting, so it's easy to justify buying that cashmere.

4 Comments:

At 1/19/07, 12:37 AM, Blogger ~Kristie said...

I love your "10 reasons" posts! You are so clever!

 
At 1/19/07, 8:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

These two posts are great!

 
At 1/21/07, 9:48 PM, Blogger Jodi said...

Those ruffly t.p. covers are really something, but plenty of knitters' fun fur projects are just as appalling!

 
At 5/2/09, 6:09 PM, Anonymous Brenda Wydeven said...

I love your thinking about knitting VS crocheting. I have crocheted for many years and made some wonderful pieces,but was scared to knit because I was afraid of dropping a stitch and I couldn't seem to keep the propper tension, everything was always too tight. . It wasn't until I started spinning my own yarn that I actually got into knitting. If I was going to take the time to spin I was going to try knitting again. I found my yarn was easier to knit with> Now I do some by hand and some on my machine, But I love knitting now,especially scarves. I haven't tried more than 2 needles yet, but am getting more confident now. Brenda www.spinningtimes.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home