Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Ch-ch-ch-changes

I'm not one for making New Year's resolutions, but I do like to reflect upon the previous year. 2006 was full of changes. Exactly one year ago, I did not yet know how to knit. Now I'm knitting up a storm. At this time last year, I was crocheting an enormous red afghan. Right now I'm knitting little red socks, so there is a small measure of continuity.

In the past year, the Professor became the Professor; before that, he was the Postdoc. We moved from a blue state to a red state (oh dear), and as a result, I had to leave a great job. On the bright side, I won't be shoveling any snow this winter.

Sadly, I have shamefully little knitting progress to report. I got a nice big stack of books for Christmas, and they have lured me away from my knitting, at least temporarily. Since my last major post, I've completed only one sock, but it is a beauty. Here's a teaser.


The contest is still open until midnight tonight. So far there are six entries (many thanks, commenters!), which means the chances of winning are actually quite good.

5 Comments:

At 1/2/07, 12:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohhhhh ... I want to see that sock! It looks fabulous from the sneak preview you posted!

 
At 1/2/07, 2:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is that your own sock pattern? It's beautiful!

 
At 1/2/07, 3:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh dear sweet Pomatomus. I love that sock pattern.

 
At 1/2/07, 10:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pretty! I can't wait to see it all finished. Lovely colorway.

 
At 1/3/07, 1:28 PM, Blogger sheep#100 said...

Loving the P-sock.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home