Friday, February 02, 2007

Recovery

Yesterday was a sick day in my house. The Professor stayed home with the worst migraine he's had in years, and I had a mystery illness. Either it was some sort of 24 hour bug, or I made myself ill in sympathy with him. It was bad enough that I didn't knit a stitch all day. That's the sign of a serious illness in my book! Oddly, I feel fine today.

Progress continues on the Urban Aran. I'm finally past the point where I ripped out my first attempt. Knitting the next size up was a good decision; thanks to everyone who encouraged me to do it. Since I don't know any knitters in "real life," I truly appreciate all of your input.

Wearing my favorite socks while knitting.

I'm still really liking the pattern. Assuming I don't screw things up, this sweater is going to be a stunner. My main worry is that it will be too warm to wear it by the time I finish.


I thought I'd share a photo I took out of my computer room window the other night. The sunset was spectacular, and although I didn't have a very good vantage point, I had to snap a few photos. This one turned out pretty well, despite the fact that I neglected to turn off the flash.

3 Comments:

At 2/2/07, 1:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're right, the Urban Aran is going to be a stunner! The color is lovely, and so is your knitting.

 
At 2/2/07, 6:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think there are some hints of the color you are using for the Urban Aran in the sunset.

Both are lovely.

 
At 2/2/07, 10:42 PM, Blogger ~Kristie said...

There's nothing worse than feeling so sick that you can't knit. BUT .. despite that you're moving along quite quickly on the aran. WOW! I'm not sure what is more stunning, your sweater or the sunset photo!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home