Wednesday, August 15, 2007

The blues

Blue socks must hate me, I think. This one is too small.
ff drunken bees rip
Technically it does fit around my leg, but it's a bit more snug than I would like. I will frog this now with the knowledge that I will be happy—eventually—with the decision. I'm mainly irritated with myself for knitting six inches of sock leg before finally admitting to myself that I need to go up a needle size.

And this sock is too big (despite the fact that it is shorter than the first sock).

NYD rip
Damn the Professor's skinny legs! And no, the socks are not made from the same blue yarn, hence my belief that my favorite color has somehow turned against me.

Clearly I must take action. The knitting gods must be telling me to start on a green baby sweater.
kp swish dk moss
Oh yes, and big thanks to MLE for nominating me as a Rockin' Girl Blogger. I feel so unworthy!
rgb
Now, I know I'm supposed to nominate other RGBs, but honestly, I can't keep track of who has gotten this already. Needless to say, if I read your blog (and I read a lot of blogs), then I think you rock.

6 Comments:

At 8/15/07, 6:28 PM, Blogger Jeri said...

Maybe I could help you out. Maybe the drunken bees would fit me? Love the pattern.

 
At 8/15/07, 11:36 PM, Blogger Angeluna said...

There is a whole forum line on Ravelry today on exactly why someone would knit 6 inches of sock when they knew it was too tight. Someone explained that it meant you were an optimist! That's a good thing. What stitch count did you use for Drunken Bees?

Love both blue socks. What pattern is the Professor getting?

 
At 8/16/07, 10:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, not the blues! What's next, greens? I do the same thing, knit way too much before frogging because of fit. It's even caused me to start doing gauge swatches for socks, gasp!

 
At 8/17/07, 2:05 PM, Blogger Jodi said...

Oh no! That sounds just like my Sockapalooza sock sizing disaster. Love the blue, though. Can't wait to see which baby sweater you're knitting. My guesses:

- Trellis
- Pea Pod

Why do I guess these? Probably b/c they're both high on my list of baby sweaters to knit!

 
At 8/17/07, 2:07 PM, Blogger Jodi said...

BTW, what kind of blue yarn is that? I'm lusting over it!

 
At 8/23/07, 8:33 PM, Blogger ~Kristie said...

LOVE the pattern! HATE that you can't get the right fit. Maybe it's a sign you should knit another pair for yourself? :-)

Are you knitting the Pea Pod sweater?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home