Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Just call me Rumpelstiltskin

Rumpelstiltskin could spin straw into gold. I can't quite do that, but I did turn these...

traded
...into these.

wollmeise trade
Ms. B wrote a blog post recently suggesting that she would be willing to trade Wollmeise for handspun. With all the skeins of handspun I have piling up, how could I not jump on board? At last, I have obtained the long-coveted Spice Market! (Insert evil laugh.) She also sent along some Knitters Uncensored stickers, so now everyone will know how cool I am (ahem). Thanks again, Ms. B! I just love the barter system.

I do have some finished spinning that I'd love to show, but unfortunately, it'll have to wait until next week. In the meantime, here's some spinning-in-progress.

aef tf bobbin
Since five of the last six skeins I've spun all had brown in them to some degree, I wanted to spin something that is NotBrown. This rainbow merino is about as NotBrown as I can get. It's as though I'm releasing my inner 7-year-old—the one who drew rainbows, suns, and clouds on every blank piece of paper she could get her hands on. These days I'm not much of a girly girl, but this? This makes me happy.

9 Comments:

At 3/12/08, 8:13 PM, Blogger Bea said...

Thats a good trade! The new spinning looks pretty.

 
At 3/12/08, 8:54 PM, Blogger Ann said...

Your handspun is gorgeous & I love the colors ! Trading is a good idea & I will do it if you are in Australia.

 
At 3/12/08, 11:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's the best trade ever! I'm stalking TLE website to get my hands on the Wollmeise, but my chances are about one in a thousand or so. Oh well.

Your spinning is so perfect. What's the secret?

 
At 3/13/08, 7:06 AM, Blogger bookgrump said...

Nice Wollmeise collection you have there!

Love the new yarn! It may be NotBrown, but it is going to be stunning!

 
At 3/13/08, 10:04 AM, Blogger mle said...

Ooo, nice trade! I can't get over those vivid saturated colors of Wollmeise!
I agree with the others, you really have a natural talent for spinning! Can't wait to see that rainbow all finished.

 
At 3/13/08, 11:11 AM, Blogger bockstark.knits said...

I am so glad it FINALLY arrived! It sure was great to trade with you, we must do it again in the future!!! Your handspun is just divine!

 
At 3/13/08, 7:30 PM, Blogger Carla said...

Your handspun is amazing! Do you sell it? Can you let me know if there is other yarn you are after???

 
At 3/16/08, 2:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a pretty neat trick you pulled there! Good way to keep your stash interesting and new as well, trading yarn!

 
At 3/16/08, 9:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Look at all that Wollmeise! Sounds like an excellent trade to me. I'm lusting after the Spice Market, myself.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home