Time for an intervention
My friends, I think I may need help. I simply cannot stop spinning. When I'm not spinning, I'm thinking about spinning. For the past week I've spent more quality time with my Lendrum than with my husband. This can't go on.
Yesterday around 2:00 pm I finished plying and skeining some yarn. And today just after noon, I had two more bobbins (4 ounces total) ready to be plied. That's officially my fastest spinning to date. This BFL flew through my fingers so quickly that it seemed to spin itself. When it was all over, I just sat there wondering what the hell had happened.
17 wpi, heavy fingering weight
109 grams (3.875 oz)
So now I have to come up with a list of 10 people whose blogs make my day. It's hard to narrow the list down to 10, but here it is (in no particular order).
- Kristie at Guilty Pleasures. Kristie knits such lovely things, socks in particular. I consider her a kindred spirit.
- Emily at MLE Knits. Emily churns out fantastic sweaters, all of them perfect for warmer climates.
- Angeluna at PurlsBeforeFrogs. I know Angeluna in "real life," and she has become a great friend. We have remarkably similar color sense...well, except for the blue.
- TECHknitter at TECHknitting. With every post, I learn something new.
- Deb at Fearless Fibers. Deb produces some of the finest yarns known to knitterkind.
- Kelly at kelp! knits. Kelly is another amazing sock knitter. The rest of her knitting, sewing, and spinning are pretty awesome too.
- Lori at From the Wool Room. Lori is an astoundingly prolific knitter and spinner. One day I hope to be like her.
- Aija at sock prØn. Aija's enthusiasm for knitting, spinning, and all things handmade is contagious. Her Etsy Friday series has not been good for my wallet, though.
- Oiyi at Oiyi's Crafts. If only I were as crafty as Oiyi! Go check out the photos of her sweet new baby.
- Grace at Bookgrump. One word: Critters.