Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Rationalization

It seems I've been coming up with reasons not to blog. For example:
  • It's too dark to take photos.
  • I've got some super-secret knitting that isn't yet bloggable.
  • My other projects are, well, not terribly interesting.
  • Did I mention it's too dark to take good photos?
  • Why blog when I can bake?
However, I don't want anyone to get the impression that I'm slacking over here. There has been some spinning.

prs corr bobbin1
Not just one bobbin, but two (of three).

prs corr bobbin2
The roving is some Corriedale I got from Pigeonroof Studios. Me like very much.

And there has been some finishing. This time it's more slipper socks for my mom.

cabled slipper socks done
Yarn: Knit Picks Swish Superwash, "Indigo Heather"
Needles: U.S. size 4 (3.50 mm) DPNs
Pattern: improvised, but the cable pattern is from Big Book of Knitting Stitch Patterns

cabled slipper sock close
Mom's favorite color: check. Interesting but easy cable pattern to keep the knitter entertained: check. I'm starting to understand why some knitters knit small projects exclusively. There's something to be said for (nearly) instant gratification.

Since I have a few vacation days to burn, I'm taking Thursday and Friday off to knit. How decadent! OK, so I might have to squeeze in some housework (houseguest arriving soon) and some holiday errands, but officially those two days are for knitting. Really. I might even be able to muster up some more blog fodder.

7 Comments:

At 12/4/07, 7:26 PM, Blogger Bea said...

The spun yarn looks really lovely. I can't wait to see it finished!

 
At 12/4/07, 9:41 PM, Blogger Jodi said...

Cute slipper socks! Any plans to write up the pattern?

What do you think of the Swish? I hardly have any superwash in the stash, and it's making holiday knitting a challenge.

 
At 12/4/07, 10:31 PM, Blogger bookgrump said...

Two days off to just knit? I'm so jealous! Enjoy yourself!

Beautiful slipper socks!

 
At 12/4/07, 11:14 PM, Blogger Oiyi said...

Love the new spun yarn. The color is beautiful.

Those socks looks super comfortable.

 
At 12/5/07, 8:55 AM, Blogger Lori said...

Love the spinning, and those slipper socks look so cozy and warm!

 
At 12/15/07, 8:23 PM, Blogger DeAnn said...

Beautiful spun yarn! I prefer shorter socks myself...slipper socks even better...you want my address?
Have a great holiday. Love your blog :)

 
At 12/16/07, 2:31 AM, Blogger Ilix said...

Those look like cozy slipper-socks!
BTW I love your cheveron scarf from the previous post...... maybe I have seen it on Craftster? ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home