Sunday, January 06, 2008

2008: Number 1

Presenting my first FO of 2008. I actually finished them on January 1st. I hope that finishing a project on the first day of the new year is an omen for good things to come.

felici done
Pattern: Improvised—2x2 ribbed cuff, 6x2 ribbed leg and instep
Yarn: Knit Picks Felici, "Clay"
Needles: U.S. size 0 (2.00 mm) DPNs

I am not ashamed to admit that I have an almost childish fondness for self-striping yarns. They are one of my guilty pleasures. So when I needed a mindless sock project for my vacation knitting, this is what I chose. Good grief, this yarn is soft! Ridiculously soft, considering the price. I have no idea how well it will wear, but as these socks are for me, I will be able to give a progress report in the future. My only complaint about the yarn is that it had small white spots at the transition between the terra cotta and red stripes. Still, I would not hesitate to knit with Felici again.

With my holiday knitting complete, I have been able to turn my attention back to my neglected spinning wheel. Here's a preview of the latest hanspun.

prs 3ply done close

9 Comments:

At 1/6/08, 3:22 PM, Blogger Lynn said...

I suggest that finishing a pair of socks on New Years Day is much luckier than eating black eyed peas [and the socks would probably taste better, too].

 
At 1/6/08, 3:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your spinning is so nice! I hope I get good enough to spin pretty yarn (right now I am spinning donations to my learning curve). I have some Felici that I have yet to knit with. Since your statement about softness, I now want to start.

 
At 1/6/08, 5:02 PM, Blogger Bea said...

Pretty socks and Pretty yarn. I can't wait to see what the handspun becomes.

 
At 1/6/08, 8:17 PM, Blogger Oiyi said...

A very good omen indeed! I like self-striping yarns, too. Those socks are a great colorway. The handpsun is gorgeous.

 
At 1/6/08, 8:44 PM, Blogger bookgrump said...

Your socks and handspun are gorgeous. I totally get the fondness for self-striping yarn. It's looks so awesome and those who don't know about self-striping yarn think that it's so clever. You'll have to let us know how the Felici wears. It *is* incredibly soft!

 
At 1/8/08, 5:17 PM, Blogger TheDrollEclectic said...

Get me some chocolate and a spoon. The minty-goodness of your hand spun is calling to me...

 
At 1/8/08, 6:53 PM, Blogger mle said...

Oh I love self-striping yarn too! thanks for the tip on the Knit Picks yarn...I hadn't really noticed it before.

 
At 1/10/08, 12:02 PM, Blogger Dame Wendy said...

Both so pretty!

 
At 1/14/08, 12:54 AM, Blogger ~Kristie said...

You're making me feel the need to cast on my one skein of Felici. It's in a different colorway than yours, but I remember thinking it is one of the softest skeins of yarn I've felt in a long time. I'll be interested to see how yours stand up to wear. I hear that the Gloss yarn isn't so great for that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home