Sunday, April 15, 2007

Imperfections? What imperfections?

My Monkey socks are finished. And you know what? I don't really see the black splotches anymore.

Pattern: Monkey, by Cookie A.
Yarn: J.L. Yarnworks Showcase Yarn in the Desert Mesa colorway
Needles: size 0 (2.00 mm) DPNs
Modifications: None that I can think of. Admittedly, I didn't pay very close attention to the pattern instructions for the heel or the toe.

Wow, I really love this pattern worked in this yarn. This line is called "Showcase Yarn" because the color variations are subtle enough that stitch patterns don't get lost. I hope my last post didn't give the impression that I'm sorry I bought this yarn, because I certainly am not sorry. How could I be when the results are so good?

It seems that there has been nothing but sock content around here recently, and for that, I do apologize. I just can't seem to get socks off my brain. Naturally I signed up for Sockapalooza 4. Can you believe there are 1000 participants? Yowza!

I do have some ideas for non-sock projects rolling around in my head, though. What to do, what to do? Perhaps some lace?

9 Comments:

At 4/15/07, 1:55 PM, Blogger Lori said...

They look fantastic - and no, I can't notice any black specks either :)

 
At 4/15/07, 6:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree, the color variation is definitely a nice subtle touch. I signed up for Sockapalooza as well. Have fun knitting more socks, as well as whatever else you think of!

 
At 4/15/07, 6:15 PM, Blogger ~Kristie said...

Those are one of my favorite Monkey socks I've seen yet! You picked the perfect colorway for that pattern and I personally love seeing all your completed socks.

Have fun with Sockapalooza. I still don't feel confident enough to knit anything for anyone but family members ... maybe next year.

 
At 4/15/07, 11:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your monkey socks turned out great! I'm a total anal-retentive freak about imperfections, so good for you that you can overlook them. Honestly, I can't even see the splotches in these pics.

I joined sockpalooza, too. I dig knitting socks for others!

 
At 4/16/07, 7:34 AM, Blogger Jodi said...

Just beautiful! I love the subtle color variations. I'm looking forward to sockapalooza, too.

 
At 4/18/07, 12:20 AM, Blogger Oiyi said...

Wow, gorgeous socks! I love the color.

 
At 4/18/07, 7:55 AM, Blogger knittingphilistine said...

Great Monkeys! I have a thing for orange sock yarn right now, so I especially love them. Love the pink stitches here and there. They turned out great!

 
At 4/20/07, 3:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

everytime i see the monkey socks knit up in a different colorway/yarn, it's almost like you're looking at a completely different pattern.

love your monkey socks! :-D

 
At 10/12/11, 1:06 AM, Anonymous hassam said...

so very nice

 

Post a Comment

<< Home