Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Chocolate & raspberries

All right, I take back everything negative I ever said about pink. It's a fine color.

fgf razz skein
Fiber: Freckle Face Fibers 100% Merino, "Razzleberry Pie"
2 ply
approx. 285 yards
92 grams

ftf razz twisted
Bea asked me to do some spinning for her in exchange for some of her lovely handmade things, and of course I happily agreed. She was maddeningly delightfully vague about how she wanted the wool to be spun, so in the end, I just let the fiber tell me what thickness it wanted to be.

Of course, I had more singles left over than I would have liked. (Drat! Why does that happen when I'm spinning for someone else?) I decided to Navajo ply the leftovers, so Bea also got this mini skein.

fgf razz mini
In return, Bea presented me with this treasure trove of handmade goodness.

goodies from bea
That's merino roving she dyed herself, her own YarnPig 100% superwash merino sock yarn ("Painted Desert" colorway), and one of her plum velveteen project bags. Really, I feel like I won the lottery. She showed me three more of her rovings, and all I can say is that I hope she puts them up for sale in her shop. They are so beautiful that it's hard to believe they're the result of her first attempt at dyeing fiber.

Thanks again, Bea!

5 Comments:

At 3/19/08, 4:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pink is always prettier when you throw some brown in with it. Your spinning photos are so inspiring. I'm on deadline for a knitting sample right now, but you're making me feel the need to spin instead.

 
At 3/19/08, 7:05 PM, Blogger Bea said...

Your welcome. I love love love the yarn. Both skeins. I brought the little one to work and its hanging out on my desk. Everyone that comes in fondles it and says how nice it is and how soft it is. (I have lots of fiber enthusiasts at work!)

 
At 3/19/08, 7:06 PM, Blogger Bea said...

Oh yeah. I forgot! I will be posting the rovings this weekend to the shop.

 
At 3/22/08, 1:15 AM, Blogger aija said...

Oh goodness. I have some new polwarth in pink and brown I was fully intending to spin into a thick 2-ply... but yours is so nice!! (Inspired...)

 
At 3/23/08, 11:00 PM, Blogger Ann said...

Love the Razzleberry Pie - it looks so yummy & you did a great spinning job. Will love to knit this up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home