Saturday, March 14, 2009

February Gentleman Sweater

Thanks to all who helped me convince the Professor to pose in his new sweater. The photos I got aren't stellar, but since it was over 80°F outside during the shoot, I took the shots as quickly as possible. It seemed cruel to make him wear a wool sweater in that kind of heat.

cobblestone1
Pattern: Cobblestone Pullover, by Jared Flood
Yarn: Cascade 220 Heathers, color 2445, "Shire," 6 skeins
Needles: US size 7 (4.50 mm)

cobblesont back2
This sweater is easy and fun to knit. Because my gauge was a bit smaller than the pattern called for, I knit a size larger (43.5 inches) than I normally would have. The sweater is a little roomy on him, but I'm glad I didn't knit the smaller size. He does have to roll up the sleeve cuffs, but he tells me that's a common problem for him. I'll have to file that knowledge away for future reference.

cobblestone2
The good news is that the Professor really seems to like the sweater. He has worn it quite a bit since his birthday...in public even! And I think he looks quite fetching in it.

7 Comments:

At 3/14/09, 12:30 PM, Blogger Opal said...

i can see why he likes the sweater so much, he looks fantastic in it!

 
At 3/14/09, 4:12 PM, Blogger Dave said...

Fetching indeed -- it looks wonderful! Thanks for sharing. :-)

Now, do you want to share some of that 80 degree weather, please?

 
At 3/14/09, 4:38 PM, Blogger peaknits said...

What a gorgeous sweater - the fit is great! Nice work!

 
At 3/15/09, 12:37 PM, Blogger mle said...

Very nice! I love the color!

 
At 3/19/09, 6:33 PM, Blogger Ann said...

The sweater looks great on the professor. You have done a fantastic job.

 
At 3/22/09, 5:44 PM, Blogger bockstark.knits said...

ok, first of all, 80 degrees? dear lord! and it does look really great on him!! great job!

 
At 3/24/09, 8:51 PM, Blogger Oiyi said...

Omg, it's gorgeous! What a great looking sweater. WTF is up with your weather?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home