Friday, February 09, 2007

10 Reasons I Am Not a Good Texan

  1. I don't eat beef.
  2. I use my turn signals when I drive.
  3. I begin to wilt when the temperature rises above 80°F.
  4. The chili I make is vegetarian (vegan, actually). And it contains beans. When the authorities hear of this, I fully expect to be driven out of the state.
  5. I don't own a pair of cowboy boots.
  6. I drive a Japanese car.
  7. The aforementioned car does not have a gun rack installed.
  8. I want to shriek like a little girl whenever I see a large insect. (It's true what they say: everything is bigger in Texas.)
  9. I like snow. And mountains.
  10. I have never voted for George W. Bush. Really, that should be #1.

(This list is, of course, meant to be tongue-in-cheek. Texans are really nice people. Super nice. That's why I'm surprised by all the terrible drivers down here.)

2 Comments:

At 2/12/07, 12:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This made me laugh; I'm from LA and over Christmas my fiance and I drove to Tulsa (his hometown). While in Texas, I was SHOCKED at how well people drove! I had truly never seen anything like it. They stayed in the right lane unless passing, used turn signals, moved at a nice pace... it was great! But I guess there are bad drivers everywhere!

I'd be making vegan chili, too!

 
At 2/13/07, 1:19 AM, Blogger ~Kristie said...

You're right .. #10 should be #1!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home