Saturday, July 07, 2007

Crossing the border

Print O' The Wave longs to be freed from the confines of the 40" circular needle! Oh, the indignity.

potw inner border

Picking up over 700 stitches for the border was tedious in the extreme. It took me the better part of an afternoon. So far it looks like my math is working out, but I won't really know until I start knitting the main border.

potw crumpled close

There has been a little sock progress in the last week too. Thelonious has a heel, and one ankle sock is finished.

thelonious + ankle

I had mentioned that I'm knitting the ankle socks with the leftovers from my Pomatomus. Since I had 50 grams left, I was pretty sure that I could get an entire pair of ankle socks, but I was mentally prepared to break into another skein if needed. Well, my scale tells me that 50 grams is more than enough to finish this pair. That's two pairs of socks from one skein of yarn. How can you beat that?

In other news, the Professor just got his new MacBook Pro, and he decided that since he got a new toy, it's only fair that I get a new toy too. So he surprised me with an iPod nano. Here it is posing with its older sibling. So cute! They seem to be great friends already.

ipods

4 Comments:

At 7/8/07, 9:47 AM, Blogger mle said...

Wow, 700 stitches!That is a feat to be proud of!

 
At 7/8/07, 2:09 PM, Blogger Jeri said...

Sooo...
"who" is getting more knitting time? Or are they playing nice and sharing?

And this questions is for your readers, Micki, not for you:
when will she start project number 4? [Insert spooky dark-side laugh here]

 
At 7/9/07, 6:18 AM, Blogger Jodi said...

700 stitches?!? That's not my kind of fun. It's going to be beautiful, and the heathered colors are gorgeous.

I have a little black Nano, too, and I use it all the time at the gym. Have fun!

 
At 7/9/07, 5:00 PM, Blogger ~Kristie said...

You've just convinced me *not* to knit that shawl. I don't know if I have the patience for 700 stitches! YIKES!

I just purchased Thelonious at the Cookie class I took yesterday. I sure wish I had "worthy" sock yarn to use for it. Yours looks beautiful!

I love that you're knitting two pairs of socks from one skein. I thought Pomatomus sucked up a lot of yarn, but obviously there is a lot of yardage on the Fearless Fibers skeins. Good to know!

Such cute iPod buddies. The Professor is a keeper.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home