Monday, June 18, 2007

Finally, Loksins!

They are finished! And they are very purple.

Pattern: Loksins by Cassandra Thoreson
Yarn: Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in Blackberry (nearly solid)
Needles: size 1 (2.25 mm) and size 0 (2.00 mm)
Modifications: added 1-inch 1x1 ribbed cuff, eye of partridge heel flap

I really loved knitting these socks. The lace pattern is interesting, but not so intricate that it required my full attention (a very important quality for a project one takes to knitting night). It's entirely likely that I will need to make a pair of these for myself.

The modifications I made were simple. The pattern calls for a short garter stitch cuff, and I substituted an inch of 1x1 ribbing. Apparently I'm a traditionalist, because I really like ribbing on my sock cuffs. (The garter cuff looks very nice too.) I did an eye of partridge heel simply because I felt like it.

The Lorna's Laces love-fest continues here at T4SHQ. I have a particular weakness for subtly shaded solids, and this yarn did not disappoint. Now I understand why Grumperina is such a LL devotee.

I'm off to give these a quick soak so I can block them and ship them out. If I don't get these out of the house soon, there's a chance they will never leave. I'm afraid my mother will not believe me if I disclaim all knowledge of the purple socks.

9 Comments:

At 6/18/07, 6:03 PM, Blogger Knitting Therapy said...

I love that pattern and decided I just had to have it after seeing your lovely socks!

 
At 6/18/07, 7:51 PM, Blogger bookgrump said...

Those are beautiful! Are you going to take them to knit night so that we can all say, "Happy trails!" to them?

 
At 6/18/07, 9:01 PM, Blogger knittingphilistine said...

Oh, SO pretty! Glad I just recently bought this pattern... your pair turned out perfectly!

 
At 6/18/07, 9:08 PM, Blogger Jodi said...

Gorgeous socks! I love how the lace opens up. I'm knitting my first garter stitch border on a sock right now (Donyale socks), and it looks very weird. I'm using short dpns, so I haven't tried it on yet. We'll just have to wait and see...

That blackberry color is just luscious. I like the LL semisolids a lot; their multicolors are a little much for me sometimes.

 
At 6/18/07, 9:48 PM, Blogger mle said...

Those are gorgeous! I definitely want to try some LL sock...it looks so nice!

 
At 6/18/07, 10:47 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

They're perfect! How can you stand to give them up?! I must be getting stingier in my old age. I can only knit for myself (and babies) anymore. :)

 
At 6/19/07, 8:34 AM, Blogger Catherine said...

Gorgeous! Just ship them my way! :-)

 
At 6/21/07, 9:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

They look fantastic! No need to make excuses (traditionalist) for mods. Everyone does that, I think, to some extent.

I wish one of our 16(?) yarn shops here had a good selection of LL in the nearly solids.

Thanks for knitting them and I'm really glad to hear that you enjoyed it. (next pair...!)

 
At 7/5/07, 4:08 PM, Blogger ~Kristie said...

STUNNING! I can completely understand why you're getting them out of the house quickly because I'd definitely want to keep them. Then again, you can always make another pair in your favorite color out of LL.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home