Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Ode to Brown

'Tis the season for color, I know, but somehow my mind keeps turning toward brown. There's something so comforting about this most humble of colors.

Spindle Cat Studio merino sock yarn, Black Walnut colorway
acquired via a swap (thanks, Jodi!)


I contend that nobody does browns as well as Deb over at Fearless Fibers.

Fearless Fibers superwash merino sock yarn
L to R: Thoroughbred, Tiger's Eye, Autumn Reflections


See what I mean?

Fearless Fibers merino laceweight, Notorious colorway

I've always wanted my hair to be the color of this Alpaca Cloud laceweight from Knit Picks.

"Autumn Heather"

But this is my hair color in reality.


Note the brown eyes and brown spectacles. Do I know how to keep to a theme, or what?

6 Comments:

At 5/16/07, 7:57 PM, Blogger Lori said...

Ah, brown, most un-noticed of colors... it's one of my favorites too, and yes, Deb does it so well!

 
At 5/17/07, 1:33 AM, Blogger ~Kristie said...

I used to go through brown "phases". For a few years it's all about the blacks and anything that coordinates with it and then it would switch to the browns and whatever coordinated with that. Ever since I started knitting though, I've liked them both .. at the same time! It's been so much fun! Knitting has definitey opened up my color palette.

You definitely have enhanced your stash with some amazing and beautiful yarn!

 
At 5/17/07, 12:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love browns, too, and found them difficult to come by, until I discovered Fearless Fibers. Some of Deb's other beauties are the new "Contentment" and "Exotic Wood" (laceweight). My all-time favorite is "Thoroughbred", which has colors even richer than in your photo.

 
At 5/17/07, 9:12 PM, Blogger knittingphilistine said...

Oh, what a bunch of beauties! Brown yarn is so pretty. I don't have enough of it. You've inspired new purchases, I do believe. Nice shot of your browns, too. ;)

 
At 5/18/07, 11:30 AM, Blogger Jodi said...

Lovely shades of brown! I love dark chocolate brown combined with ice blue. BTW, great glasses.

Can't wait to see what your alpaca cloud yarn is turning into.

 
At 5/21/07, 12:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your browns and your specs! Fleece artist also has a couple of browny-neutral colorways that are delish.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home