Monday, April 30, 2007

A decision ... and some socks

Wow, I didn't expect the plastic vs. metal zipper debate to be so evenly split! People voted for plastic mainly because it blends in the best colorwise. Those who voted for brass cited durability and the fact that it would add a bit of contrast and "flash."

I've decided to go with the plastic. This decision surprises even me, as I've always preferred metal zippers to plastic. In any case, I'll have the brass zipper as a backup. Now I just need to sit down and sew the darn thing in. It's going to be a busy week (complete with a guest from out of town) so I won't even venture an ETA.

A few people commented about how well the zippers match the sweater. Yes, I'm very happy with the match. In the end, I ordered a color card from ZipperStop and compared it to my sweater yarn. It's a good thing too, because the color I ended up ordering was not one I would have chosen based on the photos on the website.

In other news, the Professor has new socks.


Pattern: Garter Rib Socks from Sensational Knitted Socks by Charlene Schurch
Yarn: Fearless Fibers superwash merino sock yarn in Midnight Blue
Needles: size 0 DPNs

What can I say about this yarn that I haven't already said before? Deb is a color genius. The yarn is as soft and squishy as ever too. Heaven.

5 Comments:

At 4/30/07, 8:29 PM, Blogger Jodi said...

Those are some handsome socks! The Professor is very lucky.

Good luck with the zipper installation.

 
At 4/30/07, 10:47 PM, Blogger ~Kristie said...

I'm so excited to see the finished sweater, but it sounds like I have to wait. (sigh)

The pattern and yarn for the professors socks are the perfect combination. Beautifully knit!

 
At 5/1/07, 9:21 AM, Blogger knottygnome said...

i'm knitting up that same colorway right now. it's such nice yarn, isn't it?

 
At 5/1/07, 1:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful socks! Glad you decided to go with the plastic zipper, which really ought to last for the life of the sweater.

 
At 10/12/11, 1:04 AM, Anonymous hassam said...

Good luck with the zipper installation.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home