Sunday, May 13, 2007

Firsts

My first lace is finally finished. It became quite a slog toward the end.

Um, yeah, maybe I should block it. I suppose I can't quite call this one finished after all. Blocking wires are standing by.

My current project is really two firsts wrapped up into one.

The first "first" is the yarn. It's Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock (Gold Hill colorway). This yarn has been marinating in the stash for over a year. Why has it taken me so long to knit with one of the most popular sock yarns available? I have no explanation. It certainly is lovely stuff, even if it did take some wrangling to keep the pooling to a minimum.

The second "first" is the pattern. Hello, my name is Micki, and I'm a sock knitter who has never made a pair of Jaywalkers. I feel like I can let go of the shame now. Ha!

2 Comments:

At 5/13/07, 10:22 PM, Blogger Jodi said...

Hey, now we're at the same stage with the scarf! Can't wait to see how they open up.

The Jaywalkers are looking great; I love the colors.

 
At 5/14/07, 5:09 AM, Blogger ~Kristie said...

Congrats on finishing your first lace project. Blocking is just a minor technicality.

I've had my Lorna Laces in my stash for a few weeks. Now that you've knit with yours, where does it rate on your favorite sock yarn scale?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home