Friday, April 11, 2008

Lost: blogging mojo

Seriously, has anyone seen my blogging mojo? It seems to have run away from home, and I do miss it. I'm going to file this particular lapse under "life gets in the way."

Lack of blogging does not imply lack of spinning, though. These have been finished for about two weeks.

cmf swm gv skeins
Fiber: Crown Mountain Farms superwash merino, "Good Vibrations"
2 ply
Skein 1 (left): 380 yards, 111 grams (fingering weight)
Skein 2 (right): 280 yards, 120 grams (sport-DK weight)

cmf swm gv strands macro
This fiber is from the previous lineup of colors in CMF superwash merino. This is one of the colors Teyani used to dye, which I tend to think of as "vintage Sock Hop." There isn't much more to say about this fiber that I haven't already said. We loves it.

cmf swm gv strands2
Why did I spin it at two different weights? Initially I didn't plan it that way. However, my current spinning project requires me to spin a bit thicker than I've been used to doing, so I decided to use one of these skeins as practice. It worked out pretty well, and it's interesting to see the difference between the two yarns. Although I'm still a fan of spinning fingering weight, I am starting to appreciate some of the advantages of spinning thicker.

I have knitting too! Such as it is...

rs anastasia half
I must finish these in time for my niece's birthday. Theoretically, there's still plenty of time—more than a week—but this darn spinning wheel keeps mysteriously appearing in front of me. Maybe I should ask the Professor to hide the wheel for a couple of days so I stand a chance of making progress on the knitting front. Hmm, on second thought, perhaps not. The withdrawal symptoms might be too unpleasant.

(P.S. To all you Ravelers: Have you contributed to Ravelraiser? There are fabulous prizes to be had, including my donation to the handspun stash.)

6 Comments:

At 4/11/08, 7:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I must have taken your blogging mojo because I got up 2 posts in 3 days. I think that's a record. I'll give you back your blogging mojo if you send me that amazing yarn! WOW! WOW! Your spinning just keeps getting better although I think you've peaked.

I'm so glad to see you've been knitting. I thought your needles were going to start a "strike" soon due to neglect. :-)

 
At 4/13/08, 8:37 AM, Blogger Oiyi said...

Love your gorgeous handspun. The socks are so colorful!

 
At 4/13/08, 9:26 AM, Blogger mle said...

Hey, I'm right there with you....BUSY! I love your newly spun yarn though, the color is so pretty!

 
At 4/14/08, 7:36 AM, Blogger bookgrump said...

Nice of you to donate that beautiful yarn to the Ravelraiser prizes. It's worth entry all by itself. That's some prize stash they've got going!

I love your CMF! Bet you can't wait for the next delivery!

 
At 4/14/08, 8:34 AM, Blogger Jodi said...

Beautiful spinning! How awesome of you to donate to the Ravelraiser.

 
At 4/16/08, 9:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There are a lot of blogs I regularly read, but the last few months, so many have been left for weeks, and even months, without a word. I'm sort of sad about it and wondering what's happened to everyone.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home