I had hoped this post would be all about my finished baby sweater, but the knitting gods would not have it so. My grand plans were foiled by buttons, if you can believe it. Buttons! The cute metal ones I originally picked turned out to be too, um, substantial for such a tiny garment. Important lesson learned! I only wish correcting the error hadn't entailed driving from one end of my little piece of suburbia to the other twice. (Fabric/notions stores are sorely lacking around here.) Anyway, I just finished sewing on the new buttons, so photos will be forthcoming. It's just to dark to take pictures now.
There has been other progress on the knitting front, in sock form, of course. Having conquered one pair of blue socks, I've decided to go back to another pair that previously gave me trouble.